WHY??

I've been thinking about becoming a vegetarian for a while. The idea of eating animals does not sit well with me, personally (though I have no moral objection to it for others). And, this year, as I prepared my High Holiday sermon (see link at the end of this paragraph or full text below), getting to challenge my congregation to take on additional mitzvot (commandments) in their lives, I realized that I have been disingenuous. So, I realized that it had to be me first: I must take on a big change in my life before I ask my community to do the same.

So, no more delays, no more excuses. No more meat, no more fish. That's my story (in brief). I'd love to hear yours!

(Link to Rosh Hashanah sermon on the Westchester Jewish Center website: http://www.wjcenter.org/educating_ourselves/ritual_library.php?page=13466)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To Eat or not To Eat?

Question for you (especially other veggies out there). Over Rosh Hashanah, Hannah and Matan were away. There was leftover chicken that was about to go bad. As a vegetarian, better to eat the chicken or throw it away? (I chose not to eat the chicken, especially since it was Day 1 of my veggism!) Comments below, poll question on the right.

4 comments:

  1. Where's the option to give it to a meat lover!

    :) - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could've frozen it for a meat-eater to enjoy another time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would'nt want to waste the meat- I would either freeze it or give it to someone who would eat the meat.

    ReplyDelete